Year Advisors/Coordinators and School Executive
Teachers who are required to interview students, parents and carers to solve issues related to behaviour and personal matters affecting learning.
- To be aware of the key policies for ensuring student wellbeing
- To assist participants clarify key beliefs related to their role
- To clarify their role of supporting student wellbeing
- To explore the special difficulties of effective interviews in school.
- To consider the implications for being an effective helper
- To learn effective interviewing techniques
- To practice effective interview techniques.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- clarify role
- clarify key issues related to areas of concern
- develop knowledge of key policies
- develop solution focused interview skills
- apply the knowledge of being an effective interviewer.
- Group work
- Full day
- 10 to 30 participants
- Lecture space
- Space for small groups
- Rob Spence – Education Psychologist and Consultant
- Contact Rob for a quote.